Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sewing Basics

I have sewn for awhile now (we won't say how many years) but tonight I took a "Needles & Threads" class at my local sewing store.  I knew there were different needles out there, but you know, sometimes you can get in a hurry and just not pay attention.   When I got my Embroidered Sewing machine I knew that I would have to get special thread and needles for my designs, but didn't realize the extent of the choices out there.

Needless to say (no pun intended) this class was very interesting.  I was surprised at how much information I learned.  It's like the old saying, you're never to old to learn.

I have been taking classes off & on for the past year, when I have time, but I think I'm going to have to get a binder together to keep up with all the information, my notes and sewing samples.

I'm hoping that with the new stuff I have learned my finished projects with have that "extra" touch. 

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment